Wednesday, July 21, 2010

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

I have not been very good at blogging this last week but I really want to start out by saying THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who came out to support us at the yard sale last weekend! I could not believe how many people donated things and how many people came and bought things. The plan was to start setting things out Friday so they could be set to go on Saturday, but as soon as they started setting things out people started stopping. They ended up having pretty much a nonstop flow of people all day Friday (seriously all day, even after dark people were still stopping) and most of Saturday! We have never felt more loved and it was so amazing to know how much support we have. I also want to let Clint's family know how much we appreciate them doing this for us. You guys are amazing and we love you so dang much!!! We seriously are the luckiest people in the world!

Clint has been doing really good since we've been home. Luckily (and surprisingly) he is the only one of us not to have gotten sick in the last week. We went to our first clinic visit on Tuesday and they said so far everything is looking good. His labs are pretty much right where they'd expect them to be at this point, so that's really great news. He continues to amaze me everyday. I was telling him today that I thought it was crazy that the docs made such a big deal of telling us how he'd need a caretaker to be available for him all the time, yet since we've been home I really don't feel like I've done anything for him. I told him he'd better start letting me do things to take care of him or I was going to start feeling pretty bad about my 'caretaking' skills :)
I had to throw this picture in here. This is Ali, she was our PA the day Clint got his diagnosis. And she is definitely our favorite! We love her! She is amazing and would give Clint all the crap he needed, because all of you who know Clint well know he can be pretty sarcastic and he is a smart A most the time! But she took it well and could always put us both in a good mood! Hopefully we'll be able to see her at clinic every once in a while!
I also had to put this picture on here. This is my Grandpa Ron. He is one of the funniest people I know. He got his hair cut pretty short a couple weeks ago and didn't want any of us to tell Clint before he saw him. When he got here he told Clint that they were twins now! These definitely are two of the best looking guys around! Love you both!!!
Well I better get to bed. The boys get up a little earlier than we did at the hospital :) Again thank you for all your love and support. Please remember to keep Clint in your prayers, we still have a long road ahead of us. Love you!

...oh and just a reminder, if you want to come play golf you need to get signed up this week. You can click here for all the info. It will be a lot of fun so don't miss out! I am also working on getting a marrow drive together to have at the tournament. I will post more on this as I get more info but if you want to do some research in advance you can go to www.marrow.org. Help us save more lives!!!

1 comment:

Deena ♥ Curtis said...

I am friends of the Franson's and have been following Clint and your family during this trying time in your lives. I watch a friend/neighbor go through this exact same scenario and never did register.. You have inspired me to take that step I am officially registered as a bone marrow donor and it feels good. I may not ever get called to help someone but just knowing I have done my part to start the helping process is awesome.. Thank you for blogging about donor registry. Best wishes to you and your family. Thanks for sharing this journey with strangers and being that inspiration most of us need!!!