Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sorry I haven't been very good at keeping up with the blog lately.
We got to come home from the hospital on Friday which is great. Stressful, but great. This is the first time we have ever been out of the hospital with Clint neutropenic (which basically means he has no immune system whatsoever). We have pretty much just holed ourselves up in the house and have limited our visitors. We are just trying really hard to keep Clint healthy, and so far it seems to be working. No fevers, no diarrhea, no nausea...so far, so good.
We go to American Fork Hospital every day to get Clints blood drawn to see if he needs any transfusions that day. Today was the first day he needed one, his platelets were pretty low, but luckily we had a clinic appointment today so we just did the transfusion up at LDS.
So far things are going well. Clint is feeling pretty good, just a little tired. He cleared his blasts on Saturday (which means they can no longer detect leukemic cells in his blood) so that's really great. So now we just pretty much wait to see what happens. They have taken him off all of his immune suppresant and anti rejection medications, except for the prednisone, and they are tapering him off of that fairly quickly. They are hoping by doing this it will help jump start the donor cells into fighting (hopefully fighting the leukemia and not Clint).
But for now we are just trying to cherish every day we have. We are enjoying spending time with the boys, and they LOVE having dad home everyday. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty terrified of Nik & Nate starting school on Wednesday. The thought of just how many germs they will be exposed to and probably bringing home with them is making me even crazier than I already am! But they are excited to start 1st grade, and really excited to take lunch to school. I can't believe those two are 7 already. I have a bunch of cute pictures from their birthday that I need to post but that will have to wait for another day, it is too late (or early) right now.
I just want to close by thanking everyone for all of the support. There is no way we could make it through this without all of you. All of the prayers, fasting, and thoughts are felt everyday and it means more than you will ever know. We love you!

11 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Love you! Why don't you keep them home for a few weeks. No one ever flunked because they didn't start school on time.

*HUGS*

Allison Owen said...

Thanks so much for letting us come on Saturday. It was so great to see you and your cute family! We love you and our prayers are continually with you!

Kyle and Shanalee said...

I am so glad you updated. I know you're just treasuring every minute but I wanted to make sure you were all okay! I am glad you have Clint home, it sounds like the numbers and everything is going great! And I agree with Angie, keep the boys home a couple of weeks.. Love you lots!!!

Baldwincrew-blog said...

Not sure if you know me, but I am from the 6th ward. My name is Frances Baldwin and Kira Weight informed us on Sunday that the cancer came back. I am so sorry to hear. I hope all the fighting you guys are doing pays off and Clint gets to stay here on earth with you and your beautiful boys. I couldn't even imagine what you guys have been through this last 1/2 a year. I pray for the best for your family and that the spirit of the Lord will be with you and your family.
Frances Baldwin

Allens Downunder said...

Thanks for the update...It was great to see you guys. We love you and are always thinking and praying for you all.

kimber said...

I'm so glad for the update too. We're still praying and hoping for the best over here. The boys could move in with me to start school :) :) :)

Kati said...

I'm Kati- Jenny's friend. Just wanted you to know your in our support and prayers! Live strong!

Kati said...

I mean you have our support and are in our prayers! ---lol What is my problem tonight!!

emily said...

We had hand sanitizer and clorox wipes just about everywhere! Glad to hear the chemo is working well, I hope Clint continues to feel ok - I think just being home without having nurses prodding and poking at early hours is a nice change.

Oakley said...

Thanks for the update Amy. I keep checking your blog everyday. I was really worried and asked Allison Spencer if she had any updates. We remember you guys everyday. I'm happy to hear that things are looking up and that Clint is HOME. Hopefully it will stay that way. First grade is over rated anyway. You learn everything in kindergarten anyway!
xoxo Valerie.

Laurie John said...

Amy, love the update - sounds pretty positive so far. I'm sending hugs, prayers and happy thoughts your way...love ya