Wednesday, February 15, 2012

One year ago today we were here in what was supposed to be our kitchen. You were having a couple friends check things out to make sure the house was worth buying and it didn't have any major issues. I will never ever forget that day.
I had no idea that it would be the last day I would ever have a coherent conversation with you. I think you knew, and I guess I should've known when you looked up at me while you were sitting in the kitchen of this house and said "I can die now". If I'd known that it was going to be our last day there are so many things I would've said to you. I would've made sure you knew how much I love you, and how strong and amazing you truly are. Do you really know how happy you made me?
I can't believe that it has been an entire year since you kissed me goodnight for the last time. I don't think you ever went a day (unless you were out of town) without kissing me. Even if we were arguing (well if I was arguing, you never argued back) you would still make it a point to kiss me goodmorning and goodnight no matter what. I miss your kisses!
I miss so many things about you. I still wake up every morning wondering where you are, wondering how this is my life. I still can't believe you're gone. I can't believe that somehow me and the boys have survived an entire year without you. Please be with us tomorrow. Help us get through the day, plus it wouldn't hurt if you gave the boys cars an extra push at the pinewood derby ;)
I love you so much sweetie and miss you every single second! Can't wait til I get to see you and feel your arms around me again. And you better make up for all these days of kisses that I'm missing. Love you!!

2 comments:

Jami said...

What a poignant and heartfelt post, Amy. If only we all cherished every moment with our loved ones and lived each day to the very fullest. My thoughts are with you always, but especially today as you reflect on the last year without your beloved. He will be there in spirit today, just as he has been for the last year to help you and the boys through. Love you!

kimber said...

Beautiful. Just beautiful.