Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Bike Ride & Some Dangerous Pancakes!

So Saturday was the big bike ride! For those of you who might not know I have been training for this bike ride for a while. My mom, Jenny, Katrina, Melanie & I road in the Little Red Riding Hood women only bike ride in Wellsville and it was a blast! We all rode the 38 miler (or 36, 35, 37 who really knows but I'll stick with 38!) and we all did so good! I was pretty impressed with myself because I was able to stick with Katrina the whole way, although she did pull me most of the way so I'm pretty sure she could've killed me if she wanted too! But I felt really good and I think we did an awesome job! My speedometer battery died halfway through so I don't know exactly how long it took us so that sucked but it was such a fun time and I have definitely found a new love in biking. I think I have even convinced Jenny and Mom to do the ULCER with me and I think we might even do the 100 miler!!! Guess I better get training even harder! Love it!

Here are all of us just before we started the race
Mel, Mom, Katrina, Me, Jen
I think Mel had the most interesting ride with her 911 call and all(she came upon a crash where a lady had dislocated her shoulder!) But we all had such a great time! Thanks Katrina for telling us about the ride and getting us all to do it! And especially thanks to my wonderful dad, who signed us all up and got me all set up with new tires, bike shorts (aka diaper pants), the works! He is the best bike trainer & mechanic ever and we couldn't have done it without him! Love you dad!!! Hopefully it's the start of a yearly tradition!

So about the dangerous pancakes...We had left Friday afternoon to drive to Wellsville for a luau and then we stayed in Logan at my Aunt Laurie's (thank you so much Laurie, we love you! Next year you're riding with us!) Anyways right when we got to Logan I noticed I had a picture message on my phone with no text so I open it up and this is all I see
(Clints phone takes crappy pics, but I could tell it was Noah with some big ouchie on his face!)
So I call Clint and say what happened, he then went on to explain how he was making pancakes for dinner and the boys were all sitting on the bar watching him cook them. When he told them to get down Noah somehow managed to tangle up his legs and fall face first onto the edge of the grill! He ended up burning his cheek pretty deaply, his ear, and his hand! I tell you that kid is a walking accident, we are definitely going to have to call him scarface now!
Here is what it looks like today. I guess we will be going to buy some Mederma for sure now!
Poor thing he is such a disaster! At least it's on the same side as the couch incident, so one side of his face can still be scar free(for now anyways)! Luckily it doesn't seem to bother him at all so that's good. We might have to put this kid in a bubble, but we love him to death!

2 comments:

kimber said...

Holy COW. At the very least, could you get that kid a catcher's mask!? No, wait, maybe that's what we'll give him for his birthday!!! I can't believe you rode that far on a bike. AMAZING!!! That is just so cool. I'm jealous of what great shape you're in now. I think I need a bike! :)

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Wow! You are so awesome that you rode that far and that you survived! Very very cool.