Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kennecott Copper Mine

Last Wednesday we went to the Kennecott Copper Mine with Camie & Max, Kim, Kaden, Kyler & Kolby, Jenny, Rylie, Paisley, & Hazen! When we got to the security check in it was sprinkling a little bit and the guard told us it was raining on top but hopefully it would blow over soon. So we drive up to the visitors center and it is a downpour! The parking lot was pretty much just a muddy river everywhere, ankle deep in some spots! So we ate our picnic lunches in our cars and then ran for cover in the visitors center. We looked around and watched the movie thinking it would stop raining soon, no such luck! So we went outside to look at the mine-if you haven't been there it is quite a sight to see, it is a massive whole with tons of huge dump trucks everywhere, my boys love it! You couldn't see very well this day because of all the rain but it was still fun!
This is the only pic I got of most of us. Camie & Kim ran for cover soon afterwards j/k!

My cute boys!

Only my boys and Jenny's kids wanted to brave the rain for pictures, and we paid for it. Let's just say it was a VERY wet ride home!! But they had so much fun, my boys love to play in the rain!



eThanks Camie, Kim & Jenny for a super fun day, even with the rain!

2 comments:

kimber said...

Oh my! We were such wimps! We were the first ones out of there. Shoot, we missed some great photo ops!! But the thing is, these pictures don't even show the torrential downpour of that day. I was scared we were going to wash AWAY!!!! What fun it was though. I was thinking it was kind of a bust but then on our way home Kaden said, "That was SO fun. I'm so glad I came. I LOVED it!" And now Kyler asks me every two minutes if this or that is made out of copper. (He's kind of driving me crazy with that question!)

Brinkerhoff's said...

I was thinking we were the smart ones to get out of the rain... we were not prepared for the monsoon at the copper mine, and that's an understatement. We will just have to try again when the weather isn't bad!