Monday, November 8, 2010

We were able to come home on Saturday! I know crazy huh?!? From the ICU to home in just a few short days. When Dr. Asch came in to talk to Clint before discharge on Saturday she told him she has decided that he is a cat because he has so many lives:)
It is so nice to be home and just be able to spend time with the boys. We sure do miss them when we are at the hospital!
Clint is feeling pretty good right now. He does have to get some platelets today, but we are able to just go over to American Fork Hospital to get them. His wbc was down to 600 today with only 16% blasts which is definitely better than the 80%+ blasts that he has been having. His blood sugar has been really high so he has to give himself insulin shots quite a bit (which looks awful to me but he says it doesn't hurt much).
So now we are back to just enjoying every day since who knows what tomorrow will bring. We are asking for prayers that this new medicine will help to put him into a remission (which will be a first) and that he can continue to feel good.
We are so blessed and I really want to thank our Heavenly Father for all the amazing blessings in our lives. I am amazed every day at the blessings we continue to receive. Thanks to all of you that add joy and hope to our lives everyday! We love you!

5 comments:

The 4 Willows said...

I'm not sure if we have even really met, but I am Clint's cousin (Dennis and my mom are brother and sister). I've been reading your blog for quite a while now. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how amazing your family is! I couldn't even imagine going through all of this. I'm so happy that Clint is doing well and you can be home with everyone. I hope and pray that this drug will work for him.
My prayers are with you.
Tildie

Lorraine said...

Faith preceeds the miracle!! Hang in there!

Cyndy said...

Love you amy!

lvs2dance said...

wahoo for 9 lives!!!! That is SUCH good news! Praying every day for your sweet family. Love ya girl!

Joli said...

Hey Amy,

I hope things are still improving for Clint. I noticed its been a while since your last post. Just know that you have a lot of prayers going your way by me and by your many neighbor-friends up here.

So I've been thinking a lot about your situation and I feel like I should help somehow. Over the last few years I've been learning about Alkalinity in the body and how it helps stave off cancer cells. Its something that you may want to look into, however I know that some doctors disapprove because it counteracts chemo and simply because its considered to be homeopathic. If you want more info, let me know and I'll send it your way.

I commend you for your bravery and perseverance, and send a giant hug to you and your family!
Love and prayers,
Joli