Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Sweetie

Happy Birthday to the most amazing man I have ever known.
I miss you more than I could ever say.
So do your boys. They keep saying things like "I really wish dad was here for his birthday".
Nothing is the same without you here. Even the good things aren't as good because you aren't here to share them with us.
I ate some of your moms pumpkin pie for you today. It made me sad.
It is really hard not to be mad on days like today.
You should be here. With me. With our boys.
I should be teasing you because you are SO old.
We should be eating pumpkin pie together.
I hate this.
I miss you.
I love you.

2 comments:

Gwenna said...

Happy Birthday little brother. Hang in there Amy. Thanks for letting us share this day with you.

jenny said...

I'm so sorry...my heart just aches for you and those sweet little boys. I know he's closer than you think, and sharing in those special moments in his own way, but it doesn't make it any easier. I'm glad you all got together to celebrate his birthday :) Know that I love you and am here for anything you need!