Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Beautiful Temple Square

Things have been going really well since I last posted. We went to American Fork hospital for a blood draw on Friday and everything still looked good. His platelets were coming up on their own (52) but his hematocrit was right at his transfusion level (24) so he ended up getting some red blood that day. He had a white blood count of 800 and had 400 netrophils (so he was still a bit neutropenic). While we were getting our transfusion we were informed that LDS had called and said we didn't need to get another blood draw until our clinic visit on Tuesday! I wasn't quite sure how to feel about that. It was just weird after getting it drawn everyday to go for 3 full days without getting it drawn at all. So I was a little apprehensive about what his labs would show at clinic today....

But they were great! His platelets jumped all the way to 111. His hematocrit was holding at 26.7. His white cell count was 2900 and he had 1900 neutrophils!!! Dr. Asch was very happy with what she saw. So as you can imagine it was a very good (although long, as always) clinic visit! And we don't get another blood draw until Friday at AF. I think it's vacation time?!?


After clinic my mom was nice enough to drive the boys up to Salt Lake. We just hung out at temple square for a couple hours. We walked around the visitor centers and checked out the view from the Joseph Smith memorial building. We walked through the tabernacle and the conference center. It was really nice!
Here are the boys in front of the Christus statue
Nate & Clint
Nate in the JSMB
Clint again
And our forever family
It was a great day, followed up with some great food at Iggy's! Yummy Ribs! Thanks again Mom for bringing the boys up and for playing with us! We love you!!!


I also want to give a heart felt thank you to all of you out there who have ever donated blood. It is really an amazing thing you are doing for complete strangers. Every time Clint needs blood or platelets I think to myself "what would happen to him if these people weren't willing to donate?" It is a very scary and humbling thought. I am forever indebted to all who have donated. I love you!
I also want to let my Heavenly Father know how much I love him! I have been blessed beyond measure, and have been able to witness miracles firsthand. This experience has strengthened my testimony so much and has brought Clint and I closer than I even thought was possible. I am so grateful for eternal families. And for the knowledge I have of that incredible blessing. What an amazing thing it is to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!
I am a lucky girl!

3 comments:

Kyle and Shanalee said...

I think a vacation is definitely in order!!! YAHOO! Clint looks awesome & I am so happy the numbers are improving!!

I don't like giving blood, I haven't done it in a long time. But I think today I'm calling to make an appointment!

Love you lots, thanks for the update!!

Laurie John said...

Amy, I am jumping for joy! What a great update - thanks! I'm a believer in miracles...

kimber said...

I was behind three posts on your blog so I logged in tonight to read, and even though I already knew all the info, I still cried reading these last three posts. My prayers are with you guys more now than ever. May your happy days and news continue!!

We had so much fun tonight. Felt just like old times. Thanks so much.