Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Home

We're Home!!! We finally just said we're out of here! The doctors weren't super excited about the idea, but since they knew they weren't really doing much for us there anyways, they didn't fight us too much. Clint is still having a fever here and there, but they haven't been able to find anything. So we're hoping that with all the antibiotics he's on one of them will do their job. He finished his last dose of vidaza today so maybe that will help the fevers go away too, who knows.

Well tomorrow (or today now because it's after midnight), Wednesday, is the big '10 year anniversary' (I think I misled people on a post earlier to believe it was on Tuesday, but thanks for all the sweet messages, I just figured we'd celebrate a little today too:)! So Clint and I are taking off for a couple days (thanks to some amazing friends and the best transplant coordinator in the world) so I probably won't post again for a bit.

Just a quick leukemia update...Clint's counts are looking pretty good. The vidaza brought them down a bit, he had to have a blood transfusion on Sunday, but they seem to be coming back up again. We were lucky that we started the vidaza when his counts were almost normal, I think that helped a lot.
Yesterday was a little rough for me. I think I just needed one of those mini breakdown days. I was just feeling like all of our doctors have given up on Clint and it was very frustrating. I've been spending a lot of time on the LLS(leukemia & lymphoma society) message boards the last few days, just trying to find out if there is anyone out there in a situation similar to Clints. I have come across a bunch of new information, drugs, treatment options, etc. So we have been talking a lot to our transplant coordinator, LaDee, to see what she's heard about some of them. She is going to set up a conference with one of the docs soon so we can go over all the questions I have and see what our options are. I know that our situation is bad. Really bad. But I am going to fight for all the time we can get! Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of faith in our doctors. I believe they are doing what they think is best for Clint. I just want to know there is a plan in place if the vidaza stops working. So hopefully we can meet with the docs and get some answers about what treatment options are available to us, should we need them.
I know it will take a miracle to cure Clint of AML. But I believe in miracles. I believe they happen everyday. I have seen them happen for us already. And I see no reason why we can't believe we will get some more miracles.

Anyways, I'd better get some sleep. But if we could get a few extra prayers for Clint's fevers to go away that would be amazing! Again, we are so blessed and so grateful for all the love and support we have around us. Thank you so much!!!

***Don't forget about the Be The Match Donor Drive this Saturday! Come join me in signing up to be a donor and possibly save a life! And stop by the Jepperson Family Yard Sale Friday & Saturday!

4 comments:

Jami said...

Happy Anniversary, Amy and Clint! So glad that you don't have to spend it in the hospital. I hope you enjoy your getaway. You both deserve it!

Kyle and Shanalee said...

I can't imagine your frustration right now with the doctors, but I think after the conference you will have a lot of your questions answered.

I am so happy you are not spending your 10 year anniversary in a hospital! Congratulations you two!! Have fun on your getaway!

Oakley said...

Happy 10 Year!!!!! Have a blast. Carl and I will be at the donor drive on saturday. They my not want what I have to offer (with having multiple sclerosis) but what the he**.
Happy Days. Valerie Gustaveson.

Tara said...

Hi Clint (& Amy)!

I just wanted to say "Hi". I watch Amy's blog and keep track of your progress. Also, Chad keeps me up to date. I want you to know that you and your cute family are in our prayers. Even after all those years, I still think of you as our neighbor!

I hope you guys have fun celebrating your anniversary.

Sincerely,
Tara (Carnesecca) King