Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Better Get Comfortable...

Because it looks like we are gonna be here a while.
The Docs decided that if we still want to be aggressive against this leukemia then our best option would be to start another round of chemo, and they want to start it tomorrow. It will be two different chemos, on is called cytoxin and the other is called clofarabine. We start with a round of cytoxin and then three days of both chemos, then we have four days off and then three more days of both. We are hopeful that Clint will be able to handle these chemos as well as he has the other ones. And although the Docs make it clear that there is only a VERY small chance of it getting rid of the leukemia completely, there is a still a chance.
Clint is pretty miserable. They have him on 'gut rest' (yes supposedly that is an actual medical term). Which means he can't eat or drink anything. He has not eaten since Sunday morning and has had only a few sips of water to take pills. They finally started him on TPN(IV nutrition) yesterday so at least they are not completely starving him to death, but he just wants a drink so bad :( They say as soon as the diarrhea stops completely they will let him start on clear liquids and should be able to work back up to solids quickly. I just hope that with starting this chemo he will still feel like eating when they decide to let him try. His rash is also still driving him crazy. He has been really itchy today and nothing they give him seems to help at all.
It is really hard just sitting here knowing he is miserable. I wish more than anything that there was something I could do to even just make it a tiny bit better. I just hope he knows that if I could, I would take all this misery onto myself in a heartbeat. I love him more than anything!
They finally gave him some lasiks this morning to help him get rid of some of the fluid he's been holding onto. This morning his eyes were so swollen you could barely recognize him. And his ankles and feet are so huge!
I just have to keep praying that all this yucky stuff he is going through will be worth it. That Heavenly Father will grant us a lot more time together.
As hard as it is to remember sometimes, we are so very blessed. We have so many amazing people around us. Our boys are being taken care of and loved. We have so much to be thankful for and I just need to keep reminding myself that God is in charge, He has a plan for us, and we have to have faith in His plan.
I again want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. They truly make a huge difference! And we could not make it through this without all of you!
Goodnight All!

2 comments:

jennyelton said...

We hope that this chemo will do its job! We love you guys and we too wish that we could take some of your heavy load! You are such amazing examples of faith and strength and you are constantly in our thoughts and prayers! Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

That explains why Clint isn't texting me back. I really am trying to get up to see him. Can I take the boys next Friday during Fall Break? Or should I just kidnap them?

from Gwenna