Thursday, February 3, 2011

One Day At A Time

That is our motto. Clint had me write it on the board in our room today. It says "One day at a time. Today is _______." Today we filled in the blank with good. He definitely made some progress, he went from 100% on his oxygen this morning down to 40% this afternoon so that was really good. His blood pressures are still a little low, but at least they seem to be holding steady. His body has started hanging onto some fluid so his ankles are huge (he said he likes it because it makes him look like he has some meat on his bones, he's a nut:) so they started him on some lasiks which helps flush his system (aka makes you pee more). It's not working great but at least he doesn't seem to be getting bigger. He is still on a ton of antibiotics and other things since they still don't know the cause of what happened because nothing has grown out in any of his cultures.
Right now I think he's a little frustrated because he just doesn't know what to tell anyone. The doctor told us today that we can stay here and see if he can improve enough to go home without hospice or we can just go home now on hospice and try to be comfortable for as long as we can. Sometimes it's a little hard because it seems like no one here has any hope we'll make it very much longer. Now don't get me wrong we both know that things do not look good and in reality we will probably not beat this leukemia (although I am still holding out hope for a miracle) but we also know that Clint has defied every odd so far. He has kept fighting and because of that we have had 6 months of wonderful time that our doctors didn't think we'd have. So as of now we have decided to stick it out in the hospital because for now we are seeing improvements and are hopeful to be able to go home and get a little more quality time together with our little family.
Clint is so exhausted and his whole body is very sore. But he still has such an amazing attitude. I wonder every day how I got so lucky to have him choose me. I love him so much and am blessed daily by being with him.
We truly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. We are surrounded by amazing people who are such a strength to us. Please keep Clint in your prayers, and please hold your loved ones close to you. Love you all!

11 comments:

Allison Owen said...

You are always in our prayers! We love you both!

Kevin Franson said...

Ditto to Allison!

Mrs. Bennett said...

Saying prayers for both of you!

kimber said...

After reading this post, I can barely type through my tears. You are BOTH such amazing people with more endurance than is imaginable. We are also praying for a miracle. Love you guys.

Kyle and Shanalee said...

((Hugs)) Praying for a miracle. I think about you and your family every.single.day. XOXOX

kholbro said...

You guys are both so strong. Sending a prayer your way :)

Robby Nichols said...

Praying for you family.
Bishop Nichols

Shana said...

I am so sorry. We are praying for your family. I hope you can find peace. There are no other words. I couldn't imagine. And I am so sorry. Hang on! Both of you!

Marja Liisa said...

I knew Clint in High School and heard of his illness from a friend. My thoughts and prayers are with Clint and your family. I will keep you all in my prayers and pray for a miracle! You all deserve it!

Mel said...

Love you guys! Still praying for a miracle and esspecially more time! Thank you for being such great examples to me and Trevor! I just keep thinking, wow, I am pretty lucky to be so close to such strong, amazing people like you guys! Seriously you guys teach me and amaze me so much of your strength! I feel blessed to be part of your lives! :)

Brittany said...

I went to high school with Clint as well. I am so sorry you are going through this trial. Your sweet family is in my prayers daily.