Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thank You

Yesterday was such an incredible day. Very emotional, very tiring, but so incredible. It was so amazing to see all the people who loved Clint. He made such an impact on so many people, and how lucky am I that out of all those people he chose me to spend forever with.
The funeral was beautiful. The talks were perfect. The musical numbers were amazing. I could not have asked for anything better. Thank you so much to all who came to show your love and support, and a special thanks to all those who talked, played, and sang. It means more to me than you will ever know.

So now I'm just trying to figure out how to go on with life. I really can't believe that this is my life now. It still seems so surreal. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty terrified. How do you just go on with life? How is anything really ever okay again? How do I teach my boys how amazing their dad is? How am I supposed to support them, not only financially but emotionally, spiritually, physically? There are just so many questions and right now I feel like I don't have any answers. And it's very scary.
Now don't get me wrong, I really think I'm doing okay. I have so much support, I have the two best families a girl could ask for along with the greatest friends around. I just need to remember to take it One Day At A Time. Hasn't that been our motto forever now. It is just too scary right now to look farther than tomorrow. So for now I will just go to bed and in the morning I'll wake up and get the boys off to school, it's probably time for them to get back to their normal routine.
Plus Clint's stuck with me forever:) It just seems like forever is really far away right now. But we will get there...One Day At A Time!

8 comments:

lindseyj said...

You are so amazing Amy!

Natalie♥ said...

You are truly amazing!!! I love your positive attitude. You seem like such a fun person who finds the good in everything. Clint is lucky that he picked you to be with for forever. I am always so inspired when I visit your blog. You are a wonderful Mother and it shows, keep that head held high sweetie.

Unknown said...

One day at a time = perfect motto. Keep blogging - someday even you will marvel at how you well you have handled everything, and will continue to handle anything that comes your way. They say it takes a village - your village has surrounded you and will be there for anything you need!

Jami said...

I have said it before and I will say it again...you are an inspiration. You were so strong at the funeral, and I know that strength will carry you through this. Keep in touch...we really need to go to lunch!

Jen said...

Amy

I just want you to know what an inspiration you are. You have been so strong and faithful, and your boys are so lucky to have you as their mother. I wasn't able to attend the funeral services, but I was thinking about your little family that day. It sounds like it was very beautiful. I remember Clint in High School just being such a nice guy - genuinely nice. How blessed you are to have your three darling boys. Hang in there!

Cyndy said...

Thinking of you! Love you!

Unknown said...

I love this post so much. I've been arguing with myself all day. Should I call you? Should I e-mail. Should I just give you space? I don't know what to do from here on out either, but I do hope you know that you're constantly in my thoughts and prayers. And I know everyone says this, but if there's something I can do, I'll do it in a heartbeat. I just don't quite know what to do! One day at a time is a perfect motto. You are amazing. Love ya SO much.

kimber said...

Oops. Kaden loves you too, but that was really me. Sorry :)