Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Noah and I ran errands today.
I actually made a list last night.
And I actually did everything on the list today.
Amazing.
We went to the mortuary (hopefully for the last time), the bank, the credit union, the post office, the furniture store, the gas station, and the headstone place.
Yeah that last one was rough. There are so many options and I have no idea what I want. Plus they are dang expensive. I left without making any decisions, other than deciding I needed to go walk around the cemetery (when it warms up a bit) to figure out what size, color, etc. I want.
As much as I don't want to pick one out, I really want to get it done. It is pretty sad to go to the cemetery right now and have nothing there. I think it will be good for the boys to have something to look at when we go there.

I think we are doing okay. The days are still long, but the nights are longer. It is just so hard to go from being with Clint pretty much 24/7 for the last 10 months to him just being gone. It's hard when the boys are fighting and I know that I am the one who is gonna have to break up every fight. It just sucks not having Clint here to enjoy that quiet time at night when the boys finally go to bed. That was OUR time.
I just really miss him.
The boys seem to be doing well. They are finally getting healthy again (I think they have been sick since the funeral). They are sleeping good and seem to be doing well in school. They talk about Clint quite a bit, which is good. I am so lucky to have them.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers and cards that continue to pour in. I could not make it through this without all of you! Love ya!


**If anyone has any ideas on headstones feel free to speak up:)

4 comments:

Rick & Coleen Holt said...

Amy:

Glad to hear you are out and about. Hope each and everyday (and night) gets just a little easier.

Regarding grave marker, go get just exactly what you and Clint would have chosen together!! Never mind the cost, just let me know and a check will be in the mail to you kiddo.

You are in our thoughts and prayers!!

Natalie♥ said...

You are a super woman, and I am so glad to hear that you are getting out. You are so lucky to have those three boys to take care of you :)

I love headstones that have quotes on them and I can only imagine from your blog how great of a Father and husband Clint was and will always be. I love this quote and I think it would really mean something special to those boys one day.

Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad.

I can't wait to see the masterpiece when it is done, I am sure whatever you decide will be so special.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I agree...the nights are the hardest! Nice work on making a list and getting it all done!

My boys return tomorrow and I'm excited to have most of my family together--minus Rick who is still working in Utah. Argh.

I think of you daily.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Will you please give me a call? I think I can help. 801-520-8713.
Our prayers are still with you.
Linda Johnson