Thursday, September 22, 2011

11 years ago today I married the most amazing man
A man way too good for me (especially the me I was back then)
The strongest, gentlest, most caring man
My man...

We thought our lives would be perfect
And for nine and a half years they were pretty dang close...
I miss him so much today
Our anniversary was the one day I could totally count on him to be the one to find a sitter and take me somewhere (usually for more than a day)
I really missed that today
And as hard as things seem most days, I would do it all again in a heartbeat
Because being loved by him is the most amazing feeling in the world
I'm so lucky that he is stuck with me for eternity
I miss you sweetie, Happy Anniversary


I came across this poem in the cemetery the other day and really loved it...

God saw that you were tired, and a cure was not to be
So he put His arms around you, and whispered, "come to me"
With tearful eyes we watched you and saw you pass away
Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay
A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands to rest
God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best


4 comments:

Brinkerhoff's said...

Yup, still crying :)

That is a great poem.

jenny said...

Me too...still crying.
What a beautiful post Amy. Yours and Clints example of love will always be remembered! Love you :)

Jami said...

I know that you would give anything to have Clint with you right now, but how wonderful to have all of those fantastic memories to wrap yourself with on days like these. You have more cherished moments with him than many people do in 50 years of marriage. He was so perfect for you, and you were perfect together. You will be together again someday. Happy Anniversary. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy! If anyone asks why I am crying at work I'll say I was punched on the nose. Love you! - Greg