Friday, September 30, 2011

California

Made it to San Diego today. It's beautiful here, really wish I could afford to live here.
The boys did amazing on the drive. They really are good little travelers.
I struggled a little. I really miss my driver. There were quite a few times when I was driving that I would just burst into tears. It's so hard not having him here. I never use to drive anywhere. Even when we came to California in January he drove the entire way (I promise I offered). We always made such a great team on road trips. He would drive and I would navigate.
It's hard being here without him. He loved the beach so much. When we were here last that is the one thing that he wished he could do was get in the ocean. We talked about how the next time we came he'd be able to be out there swimming with the boys, I never thought the next time we came it would be without him. Well hopefully he can get a little break from his business in heaven and get to be with me & the boys when we go to the beach.
Today is just one of those days where I can't believe he is really gone. We aren't supposed to be on vacation without him. He should be here. Struggling...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your struggles. It must be so hard to navigate through life without your loving husband by your side. But there is Heavenly Father who will help you all the way to where you need to be in life and with your boys. Hang in there. We are praying for you.

Kyle and Shanalee said...

XOXOXO

Mel said...

Love you!