Thursday, December 2, 2010

We made it! We went to clinic yesterday. It was the first time we'd had to go to LDS Hospital since Nov 18! Yep that is almost 2 weeks! We are also coming up on our longest stay at home since Clint was diagnosed. We had 29 days of being home after transplant before he relapsed and had to be readmitted, and we are at 26 days at home right now:)
Clinic was good yesterday, but VERY long. Our appointment was at 11:15 and we ended up being there until after 4:00. They gave him a 2 hour IV infusion of something to help keep his bones strong, and then we got some platelets, and then they decided to do a bone marrow biopsy. Dr. Petersen is very curious to see what is going on in his marrow. His counts are still pretty good. They have actually started going down again, which has never happened before. The docs seem very encouraged that the Nexavar is definitely doing something, they just don't know exactly what, thus the bone marrow biopsy.
We aren't sure if we want to know what is going on in there or not. As Clint said yesterday sometimes ignorance is bliss:) But I am expecting good news this time. Clint has been feeling really good, and we really believe that this drug is working some miracles in there. So please keep Clint in your thoughts and prayers that we can get some good news from this biopsy.

On another note I really meant to do a thanksgiving post and I just wanted to name a few things I'm most grateful for...
Family-we have the best!
Friends-we have the best!
Doctors, Nurses, PA's (everyone at the hospitals)-we have the best of those too!
Miracles
All the countless blessings we have received (from those we know and those we don't, we have had so many amazing things happen, you know who you are even if we don't, thank you!)
All the prayers and fasting that have been said and done in our behalf
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
My relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
and most of all
I'm SO thankful that my husband is still here. There were definitely times that we did not think he'd be here for the holidays. And I pray that we will have many, many more holidays together with our boys!
We truly are so blessed and I just want everyone to know how much it means to us. It is truly humbling to be the recipient of so many acts of service. It is amazing! Love you all!

**I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We sure did! And if anyone has any great ideas on what to buy two 7 year olds and a 4 (almost 5) year old for Christmas feel free to share :)

2 comments:

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Aloha, I'm Debbie, I found about you through my Laurel advisor, (I'm YW prez) who hosted a Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. I run a blog project called The Magic Quilt (magicquilt.blogspot.com) and I'm buying fleece tomorrow to make a magic quilt for each of your boys. Would you mind letting me know their ages and what they are into--cars, bikes, sport?

ctddiaries@gmail.com

Praying for you! DANGIT!

emily said...

This is such a great post. I'm so happy for your family and all the blessing you've received. Thanks so much for always sharing and how thankful you are for everything. It is so nice to read.