Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

So today is my birthday and although this is definitely not where I ever thought I'd be spending my birthday I did get the one thing I've been wanting more than anything since our lives changed on Wednesday...my little family all together in the same room! :)
My mom & dad brought the boys up this afternoon and since they've all been a little sick we put them in masks (which they thought was kind of fun, at least for a little bit)

After we visited with daddy for a bit we went outside to eat some birthday cake

I was kicking myself after they left and I realized I didn't get one picture of all of us together, duh! So I tried to get a picture of Clint. This is the best he would give me, it's the "are you kidding me right now" look! Love this man!

In Leukemia news, we don't really have any new information other than we found out he has AML-M2 (I still don't really know what the M2 means, but they say it's pretty good on the scale of bad to worse kinds to have). Clint is still tolerating the chemo really well. He hasn't been nauseated at all but is just really tired. His white blood cell count is really coming down. Just to give you an idea of his white blood cell numbers on Tuesday when he first got his blood drawn at the dr's office his count was 229, 000 on Wednesday when we got to the hospital it was 245,000 Thursday, after they did the white cell depletionon wed, it was 150,000 then they started the chemo and on Friday it was about 100,000 Saturday it was 29,000 and today it was 3,300 and by the end of chemo it should be at 0 or close to it. Just to put that in perspective the normal white cell count is between 8,000-12,000! They said they were surprised he walked into the hospital because most people with that high of a count came in on a stretcher from the ER! He is on oxygen which is no fun, but they are worried about him getting pnemonia and stuff, and his oxygen levels have been low, but so far all his chest x-rays have come back clear. Oh and his stupid fever finally broke! Yeah! Hopefully it will not be coming back! Now we just need to get rid of his stupid cough! I do think that more than anything he is starting to get bored being here all day! He is already done and we're only on day 5 of at least a four week stay! They are wanting us to really limit visitors right now just because he is so susceptible to any bacteria, but I'm sure he would appreciate any emails, texts, or calls to pass the time.


Thanks again to everyone who is taking care of, or has taken care of our boys. We appreciate it more than you'll ever know! And thanks for all the birthday wishes! And don't forget to keep the prayers coming! Love you all!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad for the update. Thank you! 3,300 sounds so good. My goodness, hospitals are amazing.

The picture of the boys in masks is so cute (and so heartbreaking.)

We're still praying and thinking of you. Good luck.

And happy birthday again.

Last night Noah's prayer was: "...and please bless ours dad, that he will be good in the hospital...and that we can go visit him sometime." I had to choke back some tears.

kimber said...

Sorry...that was really me, not Kaden :) Can't keep him off my computer.

Brinkerhoff's said...

I'm glad that you were all able to be together on your birthday!

And happy things are still looking good! (or as good as they can be)

Hang in there!

Emily said...

Amy I just found out something was wrong on facebook! i'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. I think I live close to you so I would love to help in anyway possible...meals, babysitting whatever you need!

Laurie John said...

Thanks for the update - it really helps to know what's going on. Glad you could all be together yesterday and that things are going as well as they are! Keep the blog going - it will be good for you to look back on, since it will probably all turn into a blur!
Love ya.

Allens Downunder said...

Amy, Glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction. Travis was really glad to talk to Clint yesterday. I'm happy the boys were able to go to the hospital. You are amazing!! See you this weekend.