Monday, April 26, 2010

Stupid Pnemonia

So it looks like Clint has pnemonia :( he also has rhinovirus(sp?) so he is kind of quarantined right now, anyone who comes in his room has to wear a mask and gloves and all that good stuff! They are taking him in the morning to do a bronchotomy (stick something down his throat into his lungs to get a piece of tissue so they can find out what's growing in his lungs) so that should be fun, he is just hoping that they put him under for that one. His white blood cell count is down to 1,600 today so that is good. His blast count (the % of leukimic cells) which was 77% when we came in was way down also, I can't remember the exact # but I think it was down to the teens or lower! That's about all the leukemia news we have gotten today, oh except he didn't need any blood today which was a first although he still did need platalates.
So I'm starting to get stressed about how to divide my time between Clint and the boys. It just sucks that it's at least a 45 minute drive each way so if I even just spend 2 hours at home with the boys that's almost 4 hours away from Clint! He says I need to go home and be mom to them but I just remember how bad it sucked when I was in the hospital when I was pregnant with Nik & Nate and when he left in the morning to go to work I hated it because the hospital is not a fun place to be, especially alone. Clint tells me that he'll be fine and I'm sure he will but I don't know if I will be. I hate even leaving the room to go get food! So how am I supposed to split my time between Clint and my boys? If anyone has any answers or suggestions I would love to hear them.
Okay I'm done complaining now. Sorry this post is a little bit of a downer! I promise we are hanging in there, it's a good thing Clint has always had such an optimistic attitude about everything because I think it is really helping him cope with this. When we first got here I was kind of breaking down but he just said we can't change what's gonna happen and if we really believe what we believe then we just have to trust in the Lord about what is meant to happen. Sometimes it's annoying how he can be all calm and have so much common sense even when his life has just been completely changed. I am so lucky that he is mine forever and ever! I love him so much!
Well I'm off to try and get a little sleep tonight (hopefully Clint will get some sleep tonight too, he didn't get much last night). Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers, we love you! Good night!

7 comments:

kimber said...

Amy, my vote is that you don't split your time. You STAY WITH CLINT. There are plenty of us to love the kids right now. Let me be one of them! You have to do what you feel is right, but this pneumonia news isn't good and I really think you need to be there with Clint. Hugs and SO MANY prayers.

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I vote that you stay with Clint much of the time, but do spend some time with the kids. They are probably scared and need their mom. But when you are with them, make it quality time---take them out for a treat, or to the park or watch a movie at home etc. Something JUST with them.

In the hospital, be with Clint and give him love and support

Laurie John said...

Oh Amy, I feel your pain, although I've never had to face what you're dealing with. I know it is a hard decision for you, but I also understand Clint's feelings. He can't be with the boys, so he kinda feels like you have to be Mom & Dad right now. I vote for splitting - maybe have your helpers bring the kids to SLC and go to the zoo, etc so it isn't so much travel for you. Wish I were closer to help. Take it day by day, and go with your heart. Hugs to all of you!

jenny said...

I am so sorry for all these stupid little decisions you have to make. Just know that whatever you feel is best for you, Clint and the boys, we are here to help and support you with WHATEVER you need. Hang in there! We Love You! Lots of prayers being sent your way :)

kimber said...

I feel like my earlier comment was insensitive. Only YOU can know what's best for your family. I've been feeling bad that I commented as if to say I know what is best. Like Jenny said, I'm so sorry for all these stupid little decisions you have to make.

Lynette said...

Oh Amy, I am so sorry you are going through so much. I agree with Laurie-have the boys come up there and take them to the Zoo, or some fun activity. This way you don't have to worry about traveling so much. It's hard when your heart is pulled in two direction...we are here to help you in what ever you need...you, Clint and the boys are in our thoughts and prayers...We love you all dearly...

Lorraine said...

Amy,
When Lonne was in the hospital, I would go up there after work and spend 3-4 hours and then come home and make home life as normal as possible for the kids. It is very stressful for them to not have both Mom and Dad at home. Be sure to be home to put them to bed each night. That seemed to be the hardest time for my boys. They just need their Mom to tuck them in at night! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!! Take care!