Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yucky Test

Clint had his bronchotomy today and said it was the worst thing he's had to do since he got here. He was pretty much out for the actual procedure itself but before they did it they had to numb his throat and stuff. To do this they had to stick a syringe filled with lidocaine halfway down his throat and squirt it in. He said the lidocaine tastes worse than anything he's ever tasted. So he said it felt like you were drowning, puking, and gagging all at the same time! On the upside they did say it didn't look too bad in his lungs, no blood or anything so that's good. They took a piece of tissue to see if they could get anything to grow so they'd know better what was going on in his lungs. His white blood cell count is down to 1000 and his blast count is down to 2%. He did need blood today but his platlates stayed up good.
I did actually leave the hospital for almost 7 hours today! And Clint seemed to do just fine without me (should I be happy about that or not :) I picked up the boys from a friends house (thanks Amy they had a blast) and we went home and just did some normal stuff. We hung out and read their books while I did the laundry. For a minute I could almost make myself believe this was all a bad dream and Clint would be coming home anytime. But unfortunately that's not the case. Oh well I just have to believe that we'll get through this and be all the stronger for it. Right?!?
Well I'm off to bed, gonna try to get to sleep before 1am today! Clints already snoring away so hopefully we can both get a goodnights sleep (if such a thing exists in the hospital :) Love ya g'night!

2 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Yuck about the test. Good about the "normal" life at home.

Praying and thinking of you all

kimber said...

I hate it when people reach down my throat to pull out a piece of lung. SHEESH.