Thursday, April 22, 2010

One word

It's amazing how one word can change your entire universe in an instant. That is what happened to our family yesterday. Clint hasn't been feeling well for the last week or two, just really out of energy and achy. Well between me, his mom, and his sister bugging him we finally got him to go to the dr. So we went on Tuesday to get him checked out, the Dr didn't seem to worried just gave him an antibiotic but told him he wanted to do some blood work. Well we wake up yesterday, just a usual morning, until about 9am when Clint got a call from the dr with the one word that changed everything...leukemia.
Now things are happening so fast. Our dr tells us to head right up to LDS hospital because it's the best (which I hope it really is) and to plan on staying there for at least 4 weeks. We come up here and they just start testing, poking, etc. So much information is coming at us it's hard to keep it all straight. Clint has had to endure so much in just the first day. He went through so many pokes and tests, got a central line put in, got a bone marrow biopsy, had white cell depletion, x-rays, etc. They will do an MRI this morning and then start chemo today.
We are going to need your prayers. All we really know right now is that it looks like Clint has acute myeloblastic leukemia (AML). We won't know much about his prognosis for about a week or so but he is young and strong so the docs seem pretty optimistic. I am trying to just stay positive because he has to be fine. I need him to get better. Our boys need him to get better. I am so lucky to get to be married to this amazing man! He is just taking this in stride.
So if we could get all your prayers to try to help his body react well to the chemo that would be so much appreciated. Thank you so much to all our family for taking care of the boys so I can be here with Clint. We are so lucky to have the best family around! I will try to keep everyone up to date here on the blog whenever we find out any new info. Thanks for all your prayers, texts, and emails they mean more than you know!

8 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

LOVE YOU!

Paul said...

Amy and Clint,

I am sorry to hear about this. I have known Clint for many years through Kevin Franson. We have golfed together many times and been together at other occasions. Clint is very strong, upbeat, and easygoing and this will help him in the long run. Unfortunately, I understand this heartache, all the terms you are using, and the struggle that will come all-too-well. I have had two children with cancer over the past five years, one with leukemia (ALL) and one with Hodgkins disease (Lymphoma). Our prayers and thoughts will be with you as you go through this.

Paul Wright

Jami said...

Oh, Amy. My heart breaks that you and Clint have to go through this. Please let me know if you need anything...help with your boys, comfy PJ's for the hospital, a place to stay in SLC, or any medical advice (or rather, interpretation!). I would be happy to help. I don't know a lot about adult leukemias, but I know a LOT about childhood AML, and there are definite similarities. I am working all weekend at PCMC, so I will be heading that way. If you need me please call. Love you!

Amanda said...

Oh sweetie...I love you. I promise to pray everyday for clint And you and your boys. I wish I was closer to help. I send all the hugs you need. You and clint can beat this together!! Love you!

Kyle and Shanalee said...

Amy, I am not far if you need anything! You & Clint & kiddlets are in my thoughts. Love you all!!

lvs2dance said...

oh Amy....I'm so devistated about this news. Of course our prayers will be with your family. I am so so sorry. Please call me if you need anything! Keep us posted.

kimber said...

Love, hugs, prayers...love, hugs, prayers...love, hugs prayers...hope

I'm so glad we can look here for updates. I'll be checking here at least 50 times a day.

We just love you guys so much.

kholbro said...

Hi Amy, found your blog and I can't even imagine what your family must be going through right now. Life is so fragile - we don't realize it enough. I will be thinking of you guys and praying for your family. Kristi