Thursday, April 29, 2010

waiting

So here we are...still in the hospital...still waiting. When we first came into the hospital last wednesday and they did all the tests they told us we wouldn't know a whole lot for about a week. Well it's been a week and now they said the biopsy results came back and put us in the intermediate risk group but that they needed more tests done to find out if we're in the bad intermediate or good intermediate risk group (pretty much the difference between doing chemo or doing a bone marrow transplant). So they sent those tests off and now we have another week to 10 days before we find out anything more. Any of you who know me very well know that I am not a patient person so this is very frustrating for me. I just really want to know what we are dealing with so we can know a little more what the future holds. But I have had to learn this past week just to take it one day at a time. Because if I start looking past one day I start going a little crazy...too many unknowns, too many questions, too many decisions. So here we sit just waiting, praying that he is in the 'good intermediate' group, praying that this chemo did its job, praying that Clints body will fight this leukemia with everything it has.
In better news Clint finished his first round of chemo today! He was really nervous about how sick it would make him but he just breezed right through it for the most part. He is even kinda excited to lose his hair (we'll see if it stays that way when it starts falling out). Also, his breathing seems to be improving, so hopefully the pnemonia will just go away with the antibiotics he is on. We were even able to turn down his oxygen a little bit today! In not so good news he developed a rash the last couple days that is pretty itchy and is driving him nuts! They're not sure if it's from the chemo or an allergic reaction to one of the many different antibiotics he's been on. They've switched up his antibiotics so let's hope that was it and that it goes away soon.
Well I'm off to bed. It's making me sleepy listening to Clint snoring while I'm typing this :) But thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers! Love You!

3 comments:

Laurie John said...

Again, thanks for the update. I check your blog every day! I sure hope you're taking care of yourself, make sure you get the rest you need. Loved the snoring comment - hopefully it HELPS you sleep better (I think it does me!) Let me know when Clint can have visitors - we would love to come see him

Allison Owen said...

Thank you so much for updating us all on how it is going! We will keep you in our prayers! Tell Clint hi for us!

Kyle and Shanalee said...

I love that he is comfortable enough to snore. It definitely puts me to sleep when Kyle starts snoring. I hope you're able to get some decent rest as well.

Thanks for updating your blog, I check in every day to see how things are going. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you in any way.