Wednesday, May 19, 2010

4 Weeks....and finally some counts!!!

It was 4 weeks ago today that we got the phone call that changed our world. In some ways it seems like just yesterday Clint was home and he was fine, and in other ways it seems like we have been at this hospital forever!
We finally got some good news today...his neutrophils are at 100 (we need to be at 500 to take him home) so we're hoping maybe this weekend we can get him out of here! Yay!!! Clint keeps saying that Saturday is gonna be the day so I guess we'll see if he's right! He is sooooo ready to get out of here!
He is still feeling good. He's been walking and riding a stationary bike everyday. They say that the people who keep exercising through all the treatment do the best so I bug him all the time about it. I am fairly certain that some days (okay let's be honest, most days) he wants to kill me, but oh well I am going to do whatever it takes to get him better!

In other news...it's been a pretty busy few days for the boys. Noah had his preschool program on Tuesday and Nik & Nate had their dance festival today. Noah struggled a little at his program. He would not go sit up with his class unless I went with him :( So guess who got to sit up front with the kids during the entire program! Yeah it was tons of fun. I don't know what to do with that kid lately. I think he is struggling with Clint being gone a lot more than the other two. He is daddy's little boy so he's having a hard time not being able to be with Clint. And I'm sure he doesn't understand why pretty much everything in his world has changed lately. Hopefully having daddy home for a week or two will help him out.
Here are a couple pictures of Noah. Keep in mind, this is after the program is over, that's why he is so happy!

Ms. Jennifer, Noah, Ms. Amber

Noah and his book he made. Don't you love his 3 pieces of hair!

Nik & Nate had their dance festival today. They were so cute! They did the macarena. Since I sat on the opposite side of where they danced (of course) I didn't get very good video for Clint. So when we got home I asked them to do a mini version to show dad. So here it is


Are they not the cutest! Love it!
Well I'm off to bed...long day. Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and support. We feel so blessed and so loved every day!

2 comments:

lindseyj said...

Good luck getting him home quickly :) Thinking about you!

Laurie John said...

Amy, it was so good to see you guys. Clint really looks good - it would probably be easier for him in the hospital if he felt sick! I sure hope he's right about Saturday - I'm sure the break will do wonders for all of you (especially Noah). Thanks for the update - love ya
p.s. keep up the "nagging" - he'll thank you later!