Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day

First of all I want to give a shout out to all of the mothers in my life. I'm so lucky to be surrounded by amazing examples of motherhood each and every day. Today I am especially grateful for my mom and Clints mom. These two amazing women (along with our amazing dads) have been vital to my surviving the last 19 days. They have been my shoulder to cry on, they have taken wonderful care of our sweet boys, they have packed up our house, they have allowed me to be here for Clint without having to worry about anything else...the list could go on forever! I look up to them so much and want them both to know how much I love and respect them. Mom, please take care of yourself and get better soon, I love you! Happy Mothers Day!!!

So Saturday was the big move, thanks to all that came to help. I know I say it all the time but we really have the best family and friends around! It is so nice to have it all done so I don't have to think about it anymore. It was a rough day for me just because I was really missing Clint. He made me go home Friday night so I could be there early to get things done before the move. It was a really long night. I could not sleep at all. It was really hard being in our bed without him. As bad as this pullout chair/bed thing at the hospital is I definitely get more sleep here then I did at home, although it was nice to be able to hug the boys and see them when they were sleeping. I used to check on them every night before I would go to sleep and it was really nice to be able to do that Friday night.

Not too much has been happening around here. Still just waiting on those test results to see where we stand on the bad to worse leukemia scale. They decided that Clint is allergic to imipenem (one of his many antibiotics) so that is what they think has been causing his rash. But now that he's been off that for a while his rash is clearing up really well. His central line site is also healing really well. Since nothing has grown in any of the cultures they took from it they think it might have not been infected but just got really inflamed because of the severity of his rash. I am just thankful that the rash was not from the chemo, since he will obviously be getting more of that. And that would have sucked if he would have gotten that rash every time he had to have chemo. I finally got him to let me take some pictures tonight. Now remember we're kind of on the tail end of this rash, so it used to look a lot worse :) These pictures are of his legs.




Crazy huh? And the pictures do not even begin to show how bad this rash really is.
In better news Clint did get a picc line put in on Friday. This will be so nice for him since they can now do his blood draws out of the picc line instead of poking him twice or more a day (it's especially fun when they would come in at 3 in the morning to do a blood draw, not only would they turn on the bright light they would then have to poke him, I'm sure he'll miss that!). We are now officially on day 4 with no high fevers woohoo! Also, his cough seems to be getting better too! So all in all he seems to be doing really well. At this point they are just waiting for his counts to come up so we can go home for a week or so before we start the next round. It'll be so nice to have him home for a while!

I have to give a shout out to my little brother Chris. He is serving a mission in Alaska right now(6 more weeks:). Today is his birthday, and since it also happens to be mothers day he got to call home. Since we weren't able to be there he was also able to call us at the hospital! It was so good to talk to him, he sounds like he's doing awesome! I'm so proud of him and the work he is doing spreading the gospel. We love you Elder Dorton, finish strong!

Well we're off to bed. Please keep us in your prayers, they are needed and felt! Thank you!

3 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Love you guys!!!

Always in our thoughts and prayers!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

PS, tell Clint that is Pinewood Derby time and Dallin is busy making his car. :)

Laurie John said...

A belated mothers day to one of the best mothers EVER!!! I love watching all my nieces and nephews (and Jami) because they have all turned out to be such amazing parents - the full circle of being a parent! Sounds like things are looking up a bit - that rash looks terrible. Talked to your Dad yesterday - hope your Mom gets better soon so Clint can get home for a little while! Keep posting - luv you guys...