Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another Day, More Waiting

So I was planning on going home today to finish going through the house. Clint was supposed to be getting his bone marrow biopsy tomorrow so I thought if I went home today I could just not worry about driving home tomorrow. But then the doctor came in. She told us with all that's going on with Clints rash and central line they decided not to do a bone marrow biopsy. She said that even if his counts from the biopsy weren't great they wouldn't put him on any more chemo right now so there was no reason to do the biopsy. Instead she decided to do a cat scan to make sure there wasn't anything crazy going on under his central line site. Then infectious disease came in and were pretty impressed with his rash, but they said they were just going to keep things the same since they'd already changed around his antibiotics. They also looked at his central line site but they thought it looked like the redness was starting to recede, and the cat scan didn't show anything, so they decided to leave it alone too. So pretty much with all the people we saw and all the tests they did today we still don't really know anything new. And with them not doing a biopsy tomorrow it looks like we'll just have to keep waiting patiently before we learn any more about where we stand on the leukemia risk scale. I'm trying to learn this whole patience thing but so far I'm not very good at it :( Oh and fyi...I'm still trying to talk Clint into letting me take a picture of his rash to post. It is really cool looking. I'll keep trying and hopefully post one soon :)

So needless to say I didn't make it home today. But on a positive note we got some webcams hooked up so we can say goodnight to the boys and they can see Clint every day. They think it's pretty fun to see us on the computer (although I think they like to see themselves on the computer more than us :) We really miss giving them squeezes every night but it is nice to at least be able to see them. We sure love those little guys!

I just want to thank my family and Clints family for all the work they did at the house today without me. You guys are lifesavers and I'll never be able to repay you for all you are doing for us right now! Thank You!

5 comments:

Laurie John said...

Wow - you are going through so much! I think you will find that you will learn so much in such a short amount of time from this experience, not only about cancer but about putting things into perspective - and you are helping all of us learn from it also! I would think the waiting game is the hardest part. Good luck with the move - I am going to try to come down to SLC next Thursday - I would love to swing by and at least see you if I could. Sending tons of hugs, kisses, high fives and prayers....

Allison Owen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Allison Owen said...

Thanks for letting us know what is going on! As for the picture goes, there is always when he is asleep! Hang in there!

Brian & Chelsey said...

So you dont know me, but I think either you or your husband know my mom Carol Wilson (she does Reiki here in SLC) Anyways, she posted your blog on her facebook page and thats how I came here! I just wanted to tell you I have been reading over your posts and you (and your husband and kids) are pretty much amazing! You all seem like such strong people and family...My friend had Leukemia (not sure exactly what kind) about 10 years ago and I remember what she and her family went through. it was a hard battle for her, but 10 years later she is doing awesome and is still in remission...It may seem like this process you guys are going through will never end, but know that it will. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your husband and family...good luck and hang in there!!

Jill said...

Hang in there Amy! Cory and I and my family think about you guys often, and are keeping your family in our prayers. I'm sorry you had to move AGAIN! I swear last time we talked that is what you were doing :) Take care-JILL