Tuesday, May 11, 2010

No News Is Way Better Than Bad News

I think that both Clint and I were a little shocked with the news today.
Things had been going so good the last few days, no problems at all.
He breezed right through the chemo.
I think we just got too comfortable.
We both were thinking, 'Okay we can do this'.

And then the test results came back.....
something that was supposed to be positive was negative, something that was supposed to be this was that...
and in the end it puts us in the bad category.

So Clint will be needing a bone marrow transplant.

Now don't get me wrong we are still thinking, 'Okay we can do this'. But we are also thinking 'I guess we don't get to take the easy route' and 'this really sucks!'
I don't know a ton about what the transplant route entails. Hopefully they'll be in tomorrow to answer some questions and give us some more information.

Have I mentioned lately that I am married to the most amazing man in the world! When he tells me the news today (yes i was gone, of course they pick the 2 hours i'm not here to tell him bad news! but i can't really blame the docs because i'm pretty sure clint forced it out of them) he just says 'Oh well, just another bump in the road, we'll get through it'. How amazing is he. I can't even begin to tell you how strong he has been through all of this. He is a rock. He is MY rock!

Please keep the thoughts and prayers coming. They are needed more than ever! Thanks!

4 comments:

Jami said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Amy. A BMT is not a fun road, but I have seen a lot of patients do very well after transplant. Hopefully they will answer questions about the transplant process for you, but if you want to talk, call me. I have been trained in BMT for over 8 years, and although I work with kids, the process is relatively standard. I'd be happy to talk to you about it. My thoughts and prayers are with you both! Love you!

Our Brazilian Adventure said...

Hey Amy! Just wanted you to know i have been checking every day to see what is going on! I absolutely hate what you all are going through, but I am so amazed and proud of the strength you all are showing! Know that Sidnei and I are keeping you all in our prayers!

kimber said...

Thinking about you and praying for you harder than ever...

the dehart family said...

Hey Amy and Clint...We have been keeping you in our prayers. I have been out of town and have wanted to call...PLEASE let us take your boys next week sometime! We are sorry to hear that a transplant is necessary but we know that Clint is strong and has wonderful support from so many family members and friends! Love you guys!