Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fathers Day.....just a little late

I know I'm a little late with this post, but I just want all the dads in my life to know how grateful I am for them.
I am so lucky to have the best dad in the entire world. He is amazing. He can do anything. He has taught me so much, and most of the things he has taught me have just been learned from watching him live his life. He is such a great example to me everyday! I love you dad, more than I could every say!
I have also been blessed to have an amazing father-in-law. He will do anything for anyone. He has always been there for us, and does not hesitate to drop everything if there is anything we need. I love you Dennis!
I also have the best grandpa ever! He is so much fun to be around, I especially love the way he and Clint banter back and forth when they're together, it just makes me smile! I love you Grandpa Ron!
And then of course, the best daddy of all time.....
I don't know how our boys got so lucky to be surrounded by such strong, amazing men but they sure did! Clint is the best husband and father anyone could ask for! I love him with all my heart and can't wait for the day when he can wrestle with the boys again. You can just see the admiration and love in our boys' eyes when they look at him. They miss him so much!
They all came up to the hospital on Sunday to spend the day with Clint and they loved it. They all made him cards (thanks mom) that were super cute! It turned out to be a really good day for Clint, which he needed since he'd had a rough couple of days.
Here are all his fathers day cards!
I also hope that all of my brothers, brother-in-laws, uncles, etc. had a great fathers day too!

In leukemia news....Clint's hands and feet started hurting him on Saturday. They were just really itchy and burning (a side effect of the kepevance, chemo, radiation, etc). It made it very painful to walk, so it's been hard to get him out of bed. Luckily, they are starting to feel a little better. I got him out for a 30 minute walk around the halls yesterday, and we're shooting for two 30 minute walks today! (Although I did tell him about an hour ago we were going for a walk as soon as I got ready and he fell asleep while I was in the bathroom and has been sleeping ever since. I think he's just trying to get out of the walk :)
His throat is still very painful. He hasn't been able to swallow anything since Friday. About once a day he tries to swallow some water but so far he hasn't gotten any down. He says it feels like he is trying to swallow pieces of glass :(
All the doctors and nurses have told us that this is the roughest time, so we will just keep pushing through. They said we should start watching for signs of GVHD (graft vs host disease) around day 7 or 8 (we are on day 5) so we will keep our eyes out for that. I've actually read that it can be a good thing for him to get a mild case of GVHD so I guess maybe we'll hope for that???
For now we are just taking it a day at a time. He is such a fighter! Love that man!

***Chris comes home tomorrow!!! His plane gets in about 8am and then he wants to head straight to the temple. It'll be so great to see him, and so great to go to the temple! I'm sure I'll have pics tomorrow...

1 comment:

Laurie John said...

Amy, I'm excited to see Chris also. I think it will be a big help to have him around your house to help with the boys (and wrestle with them!) Please post pics- love the one of the boys on Clints lap.