Sunday, June 13, 2010

Radiation.....Finished

Toady was Clint's last day of radiation! Woohoo! He handled it like a champ. After that first day we were able to keep on top of the nausea medicine and he's been feeling pretty good. When you finish with all your chemo you get to ring the "CELEBRATE" bell! He was pretty mad because there was no one down there to hear him ring it (he was the only one getting radiation today, so it was just me, him, & the 2 radiation therapists) But I was still able to get some cute pics of him ringing the bell!



We've had quite a few people asking where the radiation comes from. Well here is the other end of the room. The machine is about 20 feet away from him.
These 6 days of radiation actually went by way faster than I thought they would, even for Clint. As we were talking about that today, we decided that maybe it is because we kind of knew what to expect coming in this time. Last time it was so scary and stressful. This time we were a little more prepared.
Clint has chemo tomorrow and Tuesday, then he'll have a rest day on Wednesday, and then the big day on Thursday! I can't believe it's only 4 days until transplant!
Darren came to the hospital today and started his neupogen shots (a drug that causes the bone marrow to make and release stem cells into the blood). He will receive the shot the next 2 days and then come in on Wednesday to donate the stem cells. They are hoping that they'll be able to get all the stem cells they need in one day, if not they'll bring Darren back in on Thursday to get some more. Again we are so blessed that Darren is so willing to do this for Clint, and even more blessed that he was a perfect sibling match.

As I'm typing this it still seems so weird to be talking about all of these things. It's almost like we're in a dream (or nightmare) and it isn't really happening. I keep thinking how wonderful it would be to close my eyes and when I open them we are home. At our house, just me, Clint and the boys. Just hanging out like we used to do. Being able to just go for a jeep ride whenever we want to, or go to the dinosaur museum, or cabellas. Or throwing some clothes and swimsuits in the car and heading to Park City (or deer canyon as the boys call it?) for the weekend. I know, sorry for the woe is me. I'll stop now!
On a positive note, I really do enjoy spending all this time with Clint. I have always tried to get him to go for walks with me and now he has too :) I am so lucky to be married to this man. He is amazingly strong and has such a great attitude about everything. I love him so much! I am also lucky that I married into such a great family. I know I've said it a million times but we could not survive this thing without our families. We love you all!

Please keep Clint in your thoughts and prayers, this week especially, it's a very big week for us!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You got it! We will be thinking and praying for you lots this week! Keep your head up and know there are lots and lots of people who are sending well wishes :)

Mel said...

Hi Amy, I found your blog! LOL Love you guys tons and we will be thinking and praying for you all!!